How we identify and rank the Most Admired
Since 1997, Hay Group has partnered with FORTUNE to identify and rank the Most Admired Companies. Following are common questions regarding the study and process.
What is it? How is it done?
The FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies study surveys top executives and directors from eligible companies, along with financial analysts, to identify the companies that enjoy the strongest reputations within their industries and across industries.
- Candidates: FORTUNE 1000, Global 500 companies and other major non-US companies
- 57 industry groupings: 26 covering international (globally competitive) industries and 31 US oriented industries
- Customized industry questionnaires
- Survey approximately 15,000 senior executives, outside directors and industry analysts
- Overall corporate reputation score is an average of the attribute scores
Frequently asked questions