We can help you improve engagement and reduce employee turnover, by putting the right candidates in the right roles.
How do you hire the right people for the right roles - first time, every time?
Is finding the right people your greatest recruitment challenge? Some 62 per cent of large organizations told us it’s theirs.
Effective recruitment saves time and money. Our research puts the average cost to hire a frontline worker at almost US$4,000. The cost of selecting the wrong manager equates to 2.3 times their annual salary. For a senior manager on $100,000, that could mean $230,000 down the drain.
Then there’s the effect of high staff turnover on the workload, stress levels and morale of the people left behind – all of which impact business performance.
Our assessment for selection services help you put the right candidates in the right roles, first time around. Our approach is based on:
- 70 years of expertise in jobs and people
- rigorous, tried-and-tested assessment techniques
- world-class diagnostics and practices.
You decide how in-depth you want our assessments to be. Choose from three easy-to-use service levels – Select, Select+ and Select Center – and bolt additional services onto each package as required. Pick and mix the fixed-price components to build the package that’s right for your organization.
Our streamlined Select assessment service helps you to make faster recruitment decisions. It includes:
- An in-depth discussion with one of our accredited assessors, to clarify the role or roles for which you’re recruiting
- Psychometric and ability testing, using our proven Talent Q assessment tools
- A detailed and personalized feedback report on each candidate
- A discussion with the hiring manager on each candidate’s suitability for the role and organization
Select+ gives you all the benefits of Select, plus a role-fit behavioral interview for each candidate, and feedback on this session to the hiring manager.
This helps to personalize each assessment, focus in on the success factors for the role in question, and assess the necessary skills and behaviors in more depth.
Select Center offers all the features and benefits of Select and Select+, plus a series of assessment center exercises. The Select assessment center combines a variety of assessment techniques and methods, including a case study analysis and presentation as well as specific personal and job related reflection activities that assess how well a candidate is oriented to a particular role in terms of their mind-set, skills and behaviors.
The exercises add depth to any assessment, as they allow us to explore in greater detail the skills and behaviors required in the target role. The result is a fuller and more accurate view of each applicant.
You can add extra services to each package to meet your particular needs. These include:
- Additional feedback – for the hiring manager or the candidate
- Coaching sessions for candidates – based on the findings from the assessment process
- Access to Hay Group Activate Styles and Climate – our revolutionary leadership development app
- High-potential assessment – while assessing candidates, we can identify the behaviors that signal leadership potential
Our assessment services give you a complete view. We dig deeper to understand not just the skills and knowledge, but also the traits and behaviors that will drive success for your organization.
And we can deliver the same service time and time again at a global level, to ensure you get consistent results across your organization.
With our assessment services, you’ll find that:
- your selection processes are fast, efficient, cost-effective and consistent
- your recruits are better matched to the job and your organization – enhancing their engagement and reducing employee turnover. This saves on the business costs involved in replacing an employee and reduces the impact on individuals left behind. That is, recruitment costs; exit costs; loss of expertise and productivity; time spent managing turnover; juggling workload and temporary worker costs; as well as quality problems and customer dissatisfaction.
- you’ll hire better-caliber employees, leading to improved business performance. Having the right people in the right roles improves an organization’s performance by an average of 19 per cent.