The EI card deck lets you have fun with EI whilst emphasizing how important it is. It helps individuals make the link between EI and the challenges of everyday life – and gives facilitators something new to incorporate into their sessions.
Why choose the EI card deck?
The EI card deck provides a lively introduction to EI that links it to real life and animates development sessions. You can use it to:
- break the ice – help liven up a quiet group and introduce the topic of EI
- build the case – help people understand why EI matters
- support active learning – give people a chance to apply the concepts of EI
- test understanding – get a feel for your group’s awareness of EI
- sense the group climate – see who’s confident, who’s ready to participate and get to grips with the group dynamics
- put things into perspective – give your group the chance to have a laugh at the situations life throws at us!
The EI card deck is a collection of real life situations, both in and out of work, in which EI makes a difference. Each card contains a description of a situation, followed by four optional answers. Your group can choose the answer that demonstrates the most emotionally intelligent response to the situation. You have a scoresheet, so you can share the correct answers when the time is right.
Click here to view other EI tools and resources.